Wivenhoe Park is a landscaped green space of more than 200 acres (81 ha) at the eastern edge of Colchester, England. It is the site of Wivenhoe House, a four-star hotel, based in an eighteenth-century Grade II listed house. Wivenhoe House is also home to the Edge Hotel School, the first school of its kind in the UK and since October 2018 a department of the University of Essex.
Since the 1960s, Wivenhoe Park has been home to the Colchester Campus of the University of Essex.
The park is also host to a very large colony of rabbits. Habitat surveys have identified many species at Wivenhoe Park including woodpeckers, kingfishers, five species of bat, grass snakes, common lizards, hedgehogs and harvest mice. It is also home to several scarce species of spiders, moths and bees.
- "Wivenhoe House website".
- "Edge Hotel School becomes our 21st department | University of Essex". Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Wivenhoe Park, Essex". www.nga.gov. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "What is the Green Flag Award". www.greenflagaward.org.uk. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "Wivenhoe Park | University of Essex". www.essex.ac.uk. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
|This Essex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|