Web-based reference management (WizFolio Interface)
|Developer(s)||WizPatent Pte Ltd.|
|Stable release||Version Avatara / January 2011|
|Available in||English, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Simplified and Traditional Chinese|
|Type||Information management on the cloud in a citation ready format|
WizFolio is a web based reference management software for researchers to manage, share their research and academic papers and generate citations in scholarly writings. It uses plug-ins (HTML parsing technology) to collect bibliographic information, videos and patents from webpages.
Developed by WizPatent Pte Ltd, its alpha version was launched on 12 May 2008, and the beta on 22 June 2008. It has since been released officially and is opened to the general public. During the 8th International Conference on Bioinformatics (InCOB), Lim Chuan Poh, Chairman of Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) announced that the Asia-Pacific Bioinformatics Network (APBioNet) and Association for Medical and Bio Informatics Singapore (AMBIS) signed an agreement with WizFolio to provide respective members access to the system as well as explore new ways to improve the process of scientific peer review activities.
These are the WizFolio Features as listed on the WizFolio website.
- Cross platform: WizFolio supports all the latest versions of Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Browsers: Works on all major browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Import (WizAdd): Import bibliographic data directly from over 200 scientific publishers (IEEE, Springer Wiley, Nature, Science) and databases (Google Scholar, Scopus, ISI, JSTOR, Proquest, etc.). Also automatically imports free PDFs into your online collection.
- Cite: Collaborative citing across OS and document formats with patent pending citation technology. Have plugins for Microsoft Word (Win), OpenOffice (Win, Mac, Linux), Google Docs, Google Sites, Zoho Writer and WordPress.
- Search: Search Pubmed, Google Books, YouTube, Bing, Amazon Books within WizFolio.
- Organize: Folders, Flags, Tags, and Notes and on-the-fly handling of duplicates.
- Upload: WizFolio will attempt to get the bibliograhic data when you batch upload your PDF's and documents.
- Share: Drag-n-Drop share. Publicize research work using the WizFolio Profile page, Email, Twitter or Facebook.
- Transfer: WizImporter for transfer from Zotero & Mendeley, and RIS files for Endnote & Refworks.
- Locate: Locate PDF for the top open access journals and linkage to over 350 universities' library subscriptions.
Compatibility with word processors
WizFolio used to be compatible with Google Docs until 12 April 2010 when Google Docs update broke the integration.
Trial with Scholars Portal
- IP Menu News: Review: Wizfolio Web 2.0 , , 9 December 2008
- "World Market Media". WizFolio Announces Breakthrough In Citation Technology. World Market Media. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Thava Rani: Journal Reference Management for the Busy Doc, Medical Grapevine, Dec 2008 Issue, Pg 35
- Mr Lim Chuan Poh - "A*Star Launch of the International Conference on Bioinformatics 2009", , 9 September, 2009
- WizFolio homepage, , 2010
- "WizFolio launches web-based, iPad compatible application". WizFolio launches web-based, iPad compatible application. e27 News Digest. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- PR.com (28 July 2010). "ComputerUser". First Web-Based Apple iPad Application for Managing Research Papers. ComputerUser. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "WizFolio Upgrade". Philip Brooks' Patent Infringement Updates. WizFolio Upgrades. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Citations in Google Docs with WizFolio". Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Scholars Portal Homepage". Scholars Portal Homepage. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Free Trial of WizFolio, Web-Based Citation Management Tool". McMaster University Library News. Trial e-Resources. Free Trial of WizFolio. Retrieved 2010-09-03.