|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Wobulenzi is approximately 51 kilometres (32 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city, on the highway to Karuma. The road is a busy, all-weather tarmac highway. The coordinates of the town are 0°43'12.0"N, 32°31'48.0"E (Latitude:0.7200; Longitude:32.5300).
The population of Wobulenzi was enumerated at 18,846 in the 2002 national census. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 23,100. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 23,700. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 27,027.
Points of interest
In Wobulenzi or near the town, there are several points of interest, including the following:
- offices of Wobulenzi Town Council
- Wobulenzi central market
- Kampala-Masindi highway, passing through the middle of town
- Wobulenzi-Kasawo road, making a T-junction with the Kampala-Masindi Highway at Wobulenzi and continuing east
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Wobulenzi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Wobulenzi At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- UBOS (2012). "Estimated Population of Wobulenzi In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.