|Owned by||ACT Public Cemeteries Authority|
|Find a Grave||Woden Cemetery|
The cemetery opened in 1936 as the Canberra General Cemetery.
It closed for burials in 1979, but was re-opened in March 1999. Memorial gardens were opened in 1992, and the Christ the Redeemer Mausoleum, for burial in above-ground vaults, was completed in 2001.
The cemetery is nearing capacity; it was announced in February 2009 that it would be full in about 10 years, necessitating the construction of a third cemetery to service the city.
- Ernest Albert Corey distinguished Australian soldier
- John Treloar OBE museum administrator
- Lewis Nott politician
- Francis Patrick Dwyer distinguished scientist
- Gordon Upton AO diplomat
- George Knowles CBE diplomat
- Robert Strachan Wallace Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sydney
|This article relating to the city of Canberra or the Australian Capital Territory is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cemetery in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|