Bridge over Eagle River in Wolcott
|Eagle County and the state of Colorado|
|• Total||0.39 sq mi (1.00 km2)|
|• Land||0.37 sq mi (0.96 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||6,990 ft (2,130 m)|
|• Density||40/sq mi (15.6/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0204665|
Wolcott is a census-designated place (CDP) and a U.S. Post Office located in Eagle County, Colorado, United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 15. The Wolcott Post Office has the ZIP Code 81655.
Wolcott is located in central Eagle County at Eagle River, a west-flowing tributary of the Colorado River. U.S. Route 6 passes through the community, following the river, while Interstate 70 forms the southern edge of the CDP, with access from Exit 157. I-70 and US-6 each lead 7 miles (11 km) east to Edwards and west 10 miles (16 km) to Eagle, the county seat. Colorado State Highway 131 intersects I-70 at Exit 157, passes through the center of Wolcott, and leads north 72 miles (116 km) to Steamboat Springs.(39.702696,-106.678448), in the valley of the
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- List of cities and towns in Colorado
- Eagle County, Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 52.