A wolf-in-sheep's-clothing is a vegetable monster that lurks in undergrowth or grassy meadowlands, creeping from place to place by pulling with its root tentacles. The body of the creature resembles a tree trunk, with a vertical maw full of jagged teeth, and 10–15 feet long eyestalks. It can sprout a growth that resembles a small furry creature to attract prey.
The wolf-in-sheep's-clothing are fully detailed in Paizo Publishing's book Misfit Monsters Redeemed (2010), on pages 58–63. It was later included in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 3 (2011), on page 285. In the Pathfinder version, the animal is an animated corpse rather than part of the monster.
- Gygax, Gary, Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (TSR, 1980)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 280–281. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.
- McComb, Colin, Rob McCreary, and James L. Sutter. Misfit Monsters Redeemed (Paizo, 2010)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 3 (Paizo Publishing, 2011)