Wolfgang in March 2019
|Birth name||Barry Young|
|Born||December 3, 1986|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Billed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|Trained by||British Championship Wrestling|
WWE UK Performance Center
Barry Young (born December 3, 1986) is a Scottish professional wrestler. He is signed to WWE performing for their NXT UK brand, using the name Wolfgang. He resides in Ayr, Scotland and wrestles for numerous promotions in the British Independent circuit, most notably Insane Championship Wrestling where he is a former member of the New Age Kliq (NAK) stable and is a former ICW World Heavyweight Champion and ICW Zero-G Champion. Wolfgang is a Wrestling Coach at GPWA Glasgow Asylum.
Professional wrestling career
On 15 December 2016 it was revealed that Young would be one of 16 men competing in a two-night tournament to crown the first ever WWE United Kingdom Champion on 14 and 15 January 2017. Young defeated Tyson T-Bone in the first round, advancing to the quarter finals. In the quarter-finals, he went on to defeat Trent Seven before losing to Seven's tag team partner Tyler Bate in the semi finals.
On the 13 September 2017 episode of NXT, Wolfgang faced Pete Dunne for the WWE United Kingdom Championship in a losing effort. After the match, Wolfgang was brutally attacked by The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly). This attack ended when Trent Seven and Tyler Bate came out to help Wolfgang. On June 18, 2018, it was announced that Young would fight Adam Cole on the 2nd night of the UK Championship Tournament, for the NXT North American Championship.  He would go on to lose the match.
Young turned heel on the October 31st edition of NXT UK after a losing match against Mark Andrews, allying himself with brothers Mark and Joe Coffey against Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster, and Travis Banks. On the first December 5th episode of NXT UK, the trio of Wolfgang and the Coffey brothers was officially dubbed Gallus (Scottish slang for daring or confident) during a segment calling out British Strong Style, as well as the returning Travis Banks.
Championships and accomplishments
- British Championship Wrestling
- Insane Championship Wrestling
- Premier British Wrestling
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Rock N Wrestling
- Highland Rumble (2016)
- Showcase Pro Wrestling
- SPW British Heavyweight Championship (1 time, current)
- Scottish Wrestling Alliance
- World Wide Wrestling League
- Wrestle Zone Wrestling
- wZw Interpromotional Championship (1 time)
- "First-ever United Kingdom Champion to be crowned in January". www.wwe.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Soucek, Andrew. "SOUCEK'S WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT REPORT 1/14: Ongoing coverage of night one of UK Championship tournament". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Soucek, Andrew. "SOUCEK'S WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT REPORT 1/15: Ongoing coverage of night two of UK Championship tournament". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "Titles « Wolfgang « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Cagematch.net. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "The World's Largest Wrestling Database". Wrestlingdata.com. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "ICW: Wolfgang". Insanewrestling.co.uk. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "PBW Breaking Limits « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Cagematch.net. 31 March 2006. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- "SPW British Heavyweight Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Cagematch.net. 16 October 2009. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "SWA Laird Of The Ring « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Cagematch.net. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "W3L Seven Deadly Sins « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Cagematch.net. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barry Young (wrestler).|
- Wolfgang on Facebook
- Wolfgang's profile at Cagematch.net, Wrestlingdata.com, Internet Wrestling Database