Krull was born and went to school in Baden-Baden. He attended the Universities of Freiburg, Rostock and finally Göttingen from 1919–1921, where he earned his doctorate under Alfred Loewy. He worked as an instructor and professor at Freiburg, then spent a decade at the University of Erlangen. In 1939 Krull moved to become chair at the University of Bonn, where he remained for the rest of his life. Wolfgang Krull was a member of the Nazi Party.
- Cohen structure theorem
- Jacobson ring
- Local ring
- Prime ideal
- Real algebraic geometry
- Regular local ring
- Valuation ring
- Krull dimension
- Krull ring
- Krull topology
- Krull–Azumaya theorem
- Krull–Schmidt category
- Krull–Schmidt theorem
- Krull's intersection theorem
- Krull's principal ideal theorem
- Krull's separation lemma
- Krull's theorem
- Krull, Wolfgang (1935), Idealtheorie, Ergebnisse der Mathematik, Springer
- Krull, Wolfgang (1999), Ribenboim, Paulo (ed.), Gesammelte Abhandlungen/Collected papers. Vol. 1, 2 (in German), Berlin: Walter de Gruyter & Co., ISBN 978-3-11-012771-3, MR 1711477
- "Wolfgang Krull - Biography". Maths History. Retrieved 2022-10-12.
- Florian Schmaltz: Kampfstoff-Forschung im Nationalsozialismus - Zur Kooperation von Kaiser-Wilhelm-Instituten, Militär und Industrie. Wallstein Verlag, Göttingen 2005, ISBN 9783892448808, p. 333.
- Ore, Øystein (1937). "Review: W. Krull, Idealtheorie". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 43 (7): 460–461. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1937-06563-3.
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Wolfgang Krull", MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive, University of St Andrews
- Wolfgang Krull at the Mathematics Genealogy Project