16 August 1930 |
Danzig, now Gdańsk, Poland
Wolfgang Otto Völz (born 16 August 1930 in Danzig, now Gdańsk, Poland) is a German actor. He is known for his roles in theatre plays, TV shows, feature films (especially German Films based on Edgar Wallace works) and taped radio shows. He is also a very prolific voice actor.
Völz studied acting and consequently worked as a stage actor. After more than ten years of acting including a great deal of supporting roles in feature films and TV shows he became a popular cast member ("Lt. Mario de Monti") of Space Patrol – The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion. He continued being successful on the TV screen by playing Ioan (German: Johann), the driver and bodyguard of Graf Yoster (and afterwards many other characters).
- Fruit in the Neighbour's Garden (1956)
- The Girl Without Pyjamas (1957)
- Man in the River (1958)
- Carnival Confession (1960)
- My Husband, the Economic Miracle (1961)
- Emil and the Detectives (1964)
- Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (1966; TV series)
- Graf Yoster (1967-1976; TV series)
- Auch ich war nur ein mittelmäßiger Schüler (1974)
- Der Einstein des Sex (1999)
- Der Wixxer (2004)
- Impy's Island (2006, voice)
- Neues vom Wixxer (2007)
- Mord ist mein Geschäft, Liebling (2009)
- Ralph Keim: Benjamin und Wolfgang Völz – Eine Biografie, SWB Verlag, Stuttgart, August 2010, ISBN 3-938719-42-7
- "Space Patrol – The Fantastic Adventures of the Spaceship Orion". Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Record as voice actor". Retrieved 2011-07-20.