|• Mayor||Reinhard Schaake (Ind.)|
|• Total||111.95 km2 (43.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||242 - 385 m (−1,021 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||KS, HOG, WOH|
Wolfhagen is a town in the district of Kassel, in Hesse, Germany. It is located 12 km southeast of Bad Arolsen, and 23 km west of Kassel on the German Timber-Frame Road. In 1992, the town hosted the 32nd Hessentag state festival.
The mayor Reinhard Schaake (independent) was elected in 1999. Schaake was reelected in 2005 and 2011.
Sons and daughters of the city
- Conrad Abée (1806-1873), politician, from 1860 Hessian Minister of Justice
- Theodor Kleinschmidt (1834-1881), traveler, merchant and naturalist
- Holger Trimhold (born 1953), footballer and coach
- Erhard Hofeditz (born 1953), football player
Thousands of Germans come to celebrate Walpurgis in Wolfshagen in the Harz each year.
- "Bevölkerung der hessischen Gemeinden". Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt (in German). August 2016.
- "Walpurgis in Wolfshagen in the Harz". Walpurgis in Wolfshagen in the Harz.
- Matthias, Brunnert; Nils, Vöge (April 30, 2016). ""Wolfshake Witch's Breed" celebrates Walpurgis Night". Weser Kurier.
|This Hesse location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|