Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood
|Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood|
|Directed by||John Hough|
|Produced by||Bill Anderson|
|Written by||David Butler|
|Music by||Bernie Sharp|
|Edited by||Robert C. Dearberg|
|Distributed by||Hammer Films|
Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood is an adventure film directed by John Hough and starring David Warbeck, Ciaran Madden, Kathleen Byron, David Butler and Kenneth Gilbert. The film was the debut movie of actor David Warbeck as Robin Hood. The film was originally a 1969 television series pilot but was released in movie theatres in 1973. The film was also released on VHS under the title The Legend of Young Robin Hood.
Robert of Loxley, a simple farmer, is working his land when a fellow Saxon runs through their property attempting to escape Sir Jeffrey and the Royal Game Warden. Robert denies seeing the alleged poacher, and the fight, which ensues, is destined to seal his fate.
When Sir Jeffrey’s brother, Roger of Doncaster, learns that Robert of Loxley was not killed for his insolence, he determines to use the incident to have him arrested and his lands confiscated. Sir Roger’s ulterior motive is that his intended bride Lady Marian Fitzwater has had feelings for Robert from childhood and this stands in the way of his marriage to her. So he enlists the help of the Abbott to have Robert made a Wolfshead: an outlaw whose head is worth that of a wolf’s, dead or alive.
- David Warbeck as Robert of Locksley
- Kathleen Byron as Katherine of Locksley
- Dan Meaden as John Little of Cumberland
- Ciaran Madden as Lady Marian Fitzwalter
- Kenneth Gilbert as Friar Tuck
- Joe Cook as Much
- Derrick Gilbert as Wat
- David Butler as Will Stukely
- Patrick O'Dwyer as Tom
- Peter Stephens as Abbot of St. Mary's
- Christopher Robbie as Roger of Doncaster
- Roy Boyd as Geoffrey of Doncaster
- Pamela Roland as Adele
- Inigo Jackson as Legros
- Will Knightley as Abbot's Secretary
- Roy Evans as Gyrth
- Reg Lever as Old Wat
- Kim Braden as Alice
- Sheraton Blount as Abbie
- Nicholas Jones as Squire
- Sheelagh Wilcocks as Nurse
- "Wolfshead The Legend of Robin Hood (1969)".
- "David Warbeck - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- Hahn, Thomas G. (8 February 2018). "Robin Hood in Popular Culture: Violence, Transgression, and Justice". Boydell & Brewer – via Google Books.
- Wright, Allen W. "Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood -- Spotlight of the Month". www.boldoutlaw.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|