Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts
|Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts|
|Fairy Meadow, New South Wales
|Type||Public, Co-educational, Performing arts, Secondary, Day school|
|Motto||Latin: Age Quad Agis
(Whatever you do, do well)
|Colour(s)||Green, Black & Gold
Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts is a specialist co-educational, public secondary school located in Fairy Meadow, a suburb of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia, run by the New South Wales Department of Education and Training. It was founded in 1916.
The school enrolls both local area students and students who gain entry through auditions. The school estimates that over a third of the student body has gained entry through auditions.
The school focuses primarily on academic excellence and excellence in the performing arts and boasts of examination results, well above average and a high level of tertiary acceptance.
- Alan Edward Davis - Rhodes Scholar (1956).
- Dr Roger Houghton - Rhodes Scholar (1969)
- Mark Kerry - Olympic gold medalist in swimming
- Nicholas Cowdery - NSW Director of Public Prosecutions from 1994-present
- Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Australian Singer and Actress
- Michael Vincent McHugh - Australian Actor and Model, Appeared on Home and Away
- Kristofer Stefan (Stefanovski) - Australian Actor
- Mitchell Gordon - Activist, Charity worker, AIDS Council of NSW Director
- Francis James - Journalist and Activist
- Dr Mary Puckey - First female Superintendent of an Australian hospital
- Stephen Martin - Politician
- Rod Oxley - Former General Manager of Wollongong City Council
- Barom "Rome" Yu - Member of South Korean boy band C-Clown
- Leigh Scott - Actor
- Evelyn Owen - Inventor
- Isabel Kimber - Activist, Businesswoman, Centenarian.
- List of creative and performing arts high schools in New South Wales
- List of Government schools in New South Wales