This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Industry||Food delivery app|
|Founded||October 6, 2014|
|Founders||Miki Kuusi, Elias Aalto, Mika Matikainen, Oskari Pétas, Lauri Andler, Juhani Mykkänen|
Wolt is a European technology company known for its delivery platform. On Wolt’s apps (iOS and Android) or website, customers can order food and other items from the platform’s restaurant and merchant partners, and either pick up their order or have it delivered by the platform’s courier partners.
Wolt was founded in 2014 by 6 founders, including Miki Kuusi, the former the CEO of Slush. Wolt is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, and Miki Kuusi is the CEO. Later, two successive Slush CEOs, Riku Mäkelä and Marianne Vikkula, switched to Wolt as well.
As of May 2021, Wolt operates in 23 countries and over 180 cities, including Tampere, Turku,Tallinn, Stockholm, Vilnius, Copenhagen, Prague, Brno, Baku, Tbilisi, Athens, Tel Aviv, Berlin and Tokyo. Wolt has over 45 000 merchant partners, 90 000 courier partners and 12 million registered customers (June 2021 figures).
Wolt has raised $856M in funding from investors including ICONIQ Capital, Highland Europe, 83North, EQT Ventures, Tiger Global, DST Global, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, Inventure, Lifeline Ventures, Supercell founder & CEO Ilkka Paananen and Nokia Chairman Risto Siilasmaa, among others. The most recent funding round was announced in January, 2021. Wolt has over 3200 employees across its offices in 23 countries.
- 2014: Wolt was founded in Helsinki, Finland.
- 2015: Wolt first launched in Helsinki as pick-up only.
- 2016: Wolt added delivery to the platform and expanded to Sweden and Estonia. Wolt did some experimenting with self-driving delivery robots in Tallinn in cooperation with Starship Technologies.
- 2017: Wolt launched in Denmark, Latvia and Lithuania.
- 2018: Wolt launched in Croatia, Czech Republic, Norway, Hungary, Georgia, Israel and Poland.
- 2019: Wolt launched in Serbia, Greece, Azerbaijan, Slovakia, Slovenia and Kazakhstan.
- 2020: Wolt launched in Japan, Cyprus, Malta and Germany.
- Lappalainen, Elina (2019-06-24). "Miki Kuusi nappasi entiset Slushin toimitusjohtajat Woltiin – Onko Slush-nuorisosta muodostumassa Suomen oma PayPal-mafia?" [Miki Kuusi captures former Slush CEOs in Wolt - Is Slush Youth Becoming Finland's Own PayPal Mafia?]. Talouselama (in Finnish). Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Wolt (2021-06-03). "About".
- Levinigston, Ivan (2021-01-25). "Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2021-06-02.
- Kahn, Jeremy (2019-06-19). "Finnish Food Delivery App Wolt to Hire 1,000 After New Funding". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Ohr, Thomas. "Helsinki-based food delivery service Wolt raises $160 million to fuel international growth | EU-Startups". Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Wolt closes $530M round to continue expanding beyond restaurant delivery". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-06-02.
- "FT 1000: the fourth annual list of Europe's fastest-growing companies". www.ft.com. 2020-03-02. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- "Wolt delivers the goods with robots". Good News from Finland. 28 November 2016.
- "Starship hakkab Tallinnas toitu koju tooma". Arvutimaailm (in Estonian). 28 November 2016.
- Official website
- Wolt official blog
- Wolt iOS app
- Wolt Android appA major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2021)