Wolverine/Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising
|Wolverine/Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising|
|Main characters||Wolverine, Nick Fury and Mikel Fury|
|Series||Marvel Graphic Novel|
|Date of publication||1994|
|Preceded by||Wolverine: Bloody Choices|
The story was reprinted in Wolverine & Nick Fury: Scorpio in 2012, which contains the three stories of the trilogy, Wolverine/Nick Fury: The Scorpio Connection and Wolverine: Bloody Choices being the other two.
Fury's son, Mikel, is having a hard time training to become S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and soon he's seduced away by the cry of his homeland, Carpassia which is undergoing revolution. He takes the Cosmic Key and heads for Carpassia where HYDRA is using LMDs to wage war, as well as to bait Mikel and take possession of the Key from him. Fury and Wolverine team up again to go set Scorpio straight and free the country of HYDRA. It is later revealed that Mikel is the heir to the Carpassian throne from before the country was taken over by the Soviet Union. After Hydra is defeated he decides to run for president and wins the election.
The book was the third American highest selling trade-paperback of 1994.
SuperMegaMonkey of Comics Chronology stated that, despite being a sequel to The Scorpio Connection, it does not really delve into the Scorpio history any further; Howard Chaykin also drew the Scorpio Connection but did not get any writing credits for it and probably felt some ownership or connection with the characters. However, according to him Scorpio Rising is just a general spy adventure story.
- Weiner, Robert G. (17 March 2008). "Marvel Graphic Novels and Related Publications: An Annotated Guide to Comics, Prose Novels, Children's Books, Articles, Criticism and Reference Works, 1965-2005". McFarland – via Google Books.
- Thompson, Maggie; Frankenhoff, Brent; Bickford, Peter (5 November 2009). "2010 Comic Book Checklist & Price Guide". Krause Publications – via Google Books.
- "Wolverine And Nick Fury: Scorpio". ComicBookRealm.com.
- "WOLVERINE & NICK FURY: SCORPIO (TRADE PAPERBACK)". Marvel.com.
- Doctor. "Wolverine/ Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising".
- Plowright, Frank (1 January 2003). "The Slings & Arrows Comic Guide". Slings & Arrows – via Google Books.
- "1994 Comic Book Sales Figures". comichron.com. The Comics Chronicles. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Wolverine & Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising : SuperMegaMonkey : chronocomic".
- Wolverine & Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising at the Comic Book DB