Woman (Wolfmother song)
|Single by Wolfmother|
|from the album Wolfmother|
|Released||17 June 2006|
|Recorded||2005 at The Sound Factory, Hollywood, California, USA|
|Wolfmother singles chronology|
|Wolfmother track listing|
|"Woman" on Vimeo|
"Woman" is a song by Australian rock band Wolfmother, featured on their 2005 debut studio album Wolfmother. It was released as the band's fourth single in Australia on 17 June 2006, and later in the United Kingdom on 17 July. It became a massive hit at rock radio during the summer of 2006 in the United States, peaking at number 7 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and number 10 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart. "Woman" won the award for Best Hard Rock Performance at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in 2007.
- Australian CD (MODCDS031)
- Australian 7" vinyl (MODVL033)
- "Colossal" (live at Big Day Out)
- United Kingdom CD (CID 933)
- "Dimension" (live at Big Day Out)
- "Vagabond" (acoustic version)
- "Woman" (music video)
- United Kingdom 7" vinyl (IS 933)
- "Woman" (Avalanches remix)
- United Kingdom 12" picture disc (ISX 933)
- "Woman" (MSTRKRFT remix)
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||31|
|US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||12|
|US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||7|
|US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||10|
- 2008 Most Played Australian Work Overseas APRA Award for "Woman", written by Stockdale, Ross and Heskett, was presented by Australasian Performing Right Association.
"Woman" was featured in the soundtracks of Major League Baseball 2K7, MotorStorm, Madden NFL 07, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Pure, and remix in Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights and is a playable song in Guitar Hero II and on Guitar Hero Smash Hits. and is available as downloadable content for the Rock Band series of video games as of 27 October 2009. The song was remixed by MSTRKRFT, The Avalanches and JD Twitch, all of which appeared on one or more of the single's formats. The song was also used in promotional trailers during the second season of Prison Break. The song was used as the team entrance music for the Columbus Blue Jackets during the NHL 2008-2009 season. It is featured in the video game Saints Row 2. The song was used in a scene in the 2009 film Lesbian Vampire Killers and for the theatrical trailer of The Hangover Part II as well as Green Lantern, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa and This Means War. It also appears in the TV shows Chuck, The Good Guys and The Vampire Diaries, as well as the film MacGruber.
- Releases at the Wayback Machine (archived 10 October 2008). Note: User must manually select navigation menu option '6'. Wolfmother.com.
- Wolfmother wins Grammy Award at the Wayback Machine (archived 1 May 2011). ABC News. 12 February 2007.
- "Australian-charts.com – Wolfmother – Woman". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Wolmother – Awards". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- 2008 Winners at the Wayback Machine (archived 26 October 2010). Australasian Performing Right Association.
- "Major League Baseball 2K7 Rocks Hard". IGN. 22 February 2007. Retrieved 28 September 2008.
- MotorStorm Soundtrack List at the Wayback Machine (archived 2 March 2012). IGN.
- "Madden NFL 07 Soundtrack". IGN. 23 June 2006. Retrieved 28 June 2008.
- Abbott, Spence (17 October 2006). "Project 8 Drops 56 Tracks". IGN. Retrieved 28 September 2008.
- Disney Interactive Studios Announces Eclectic Soundtrack for PURE at the Wayback Machine (archived 11 February 2010). IGN. 28 August 2008.
- Sinclair, Brendan (16 October 2006) Guitar Hero II songs confirmed at the Wayback Machine (archived 13 October 2007). MP3.com.