Women of Outstanding Achievement Photographic Exhibition
The Women of Outstanding Achievement Photographic Exhibition was an annual event organised by the UKRC. It recognised women within science, engineering and technology (SET). The exhibition was created in 2006. Between six and eight women were chosen each year to be photographed by Robert Taylor. Nominations occur in the Autumn of each year and the recipients were announced at a ceremony in March of the following year.
Many of the portraits from previous years are on permanent loan to institutions such as the University of Oxford, The Royal Society and The Royal Academy of Engineering. The portrait of scientist Nancy Rothwell was purchased by the National Portrait Gallery.
Recent Award Recipients
Recent recipients include:
- 2010 Helen Atkinson, Professor of Engineering and Head of Mechanics of Materials Research Group, University of Leicester
- 2010 Sarah Baillie, Inventor and creator of the Haptic Cow and Senior Lecturer at the Royal Veterinary College
- 2010 Amanda Fisher, Director of the Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre at Hammersmith Hospital and Professor and Head of Division of Clinical Sciences, Imperial College, London
- 2010 Julia Higgins, Former Principal of the Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London
- 2010 Jackie Hunter, Senior Vice President and Head of Science Environment Development, GlaxoSmithKline
- 2010 Helen Mason, Astrophysicist and Senior Tutor at St Edmund's College, Cambridge and lead on the Sun|Trek Project
- 2009 Ann Budge, Founder and Former Chief Executive of the Sopra Group
- 2009 Carolin Crawford, Senior Outreach Officer at the Institute of Astronomy at University of Cambridge and Fellow of Emmanuel College
- 2009 Lynne Frostick, Professor of Geography at the University of Hull
- 2009 Jenny Gristock, Research Fellow at SISSA, the International School for Advanced Studies in Trieste, Italy
- 2009 Barbara Jones, Founder and Director of amazonails
- 2009 Linda Partridge, Weldon Professor of Biometry and Director of the University College London Institute of Healthy Ageing
- "Women of Outstanding Achievement". www.wisecampaign.org.uk. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "RAEng hangs portraits promoting female engineers: News from UK Resource Centre for Women in SET". Laboratorytalk.com. 2009-02-06. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "National Portrait Gallery - Large Image NPG x133002; Dame Nancy Jane Rothwell". Npg.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "THE UK’S MOST OUTSTANDING WOMEN IN SET ANNOUNCED : News from UK Resource Centre for Women (UKRC)". Pandct.com. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "2010 Collection - Women of Outstanding Achievement - For women". The Ukrc. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Professor Helen Atkinson — University of Leicester". .le.ac.uk. 2010-04-16. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Professor Helen Atkinson announced as one of the UK's outstanding women". Inloughborough.com. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "MRC Clinical Sciences Centre - Overview - About the CSC - Message from the Director". Csc.mrc.ac.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "DAMTP Dr Helen Mason". Damtp.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Ann Budge UKRC WOOA 2009". Sopra Group. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Budge is exemplar for women in IT - The IET". Kn.theiet.org. 2009-03-19. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- [jscottow] (2009-02-12). "Achievements of academic at the University of Hull recognised by UK Resource Centre for Women in Science, Engineering and Technology". Thisishullandeastriding.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- Association of British Science Writers (2009-03-13). "Jenny Gristock – a woman of outstanding achievement". Absw.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Leading strawbale building pioneer named as Woman of Outstanding Achievement 2009". Hbdonline.eu. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- "Professor Linda Partridge: Woman of Outstanding Achievement". Ucl.ac.uk. Retrieved 2010-11-19.