|Hanja||元龍 and others|
Won-yong is a Korean masculine given name. Its meaning differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name. There are 35 hanja with the reading "won" and 24 hanja with the reading "yong" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be registered for use in given names. Additionally, there is one character with the reading "ryong" which may also be written and pronounced "yong" in South Korea.
People with this name include:
- Kang Won-yong (1917–2006), South Korean Presbyterian leader
- Kim Won-yong (1922–1993), South Korean archaeologist
- Won Yong Ko (born 1945), South Korean LDS Church leader
- Jung Won-yong (born 1992), South Korean swimmer
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|