|Population||2,127 (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||South Burnett Region|
Wondai // is a town and locality in the South Burnett Region of Queensland, Australia. The town is located to the south of the Bunya Highway, 241 kilometres (150 mi) north west of the state capital, Brisbane. In the 2011 census, Wondai had a population of 2,127 people.
Wondai was first settled in the 1850s and closer settlement took place in the early 1900s.
Wondai has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
Notable people from Wondai include
- Australian Test cricketers Carl Rackemann and Nathan Hauritz.
- Country music artist/comedian Chad Morgan
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Wondai". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- Macquarie Dictionary, Fourth Edition]] (2005). Melbourne, The Macquarie Library Pty Ltd. ISBN 1-876429-14-3
- "Wondai (town) (entry 37889)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Wondai (locality) (entry 46282)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "24 HOURS OF SADNESS HITS THE SOUTH BURNETT". Just Racing. Phil Purser. 2004. Retrieved 1 March 2007.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Wondai (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Locate a Library - South Burnett Regional Council". South Burnett Regional Council. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "Queensland Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-2017" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Wondai Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Boondooma Homestead (entry 600967)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
Media related to Wondai, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|