Wonderland (TV series)
|Also known as||Bellevue|
|Created by||Peter Berg|
Michael Jai White
|Theme music composer||Madonna|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Brian Grazer
|Producer(s)||Peter R. McIntosh
James Steven Sadwith
|Location(s)||New York City, New York, United States|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Touchstone Television
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
The 101 Network
|Original release||30 March – 26 April 2000|
Wonderland is a 2000 ABC television drama directed by Peter Berg. It depicted daily life in a mental institution, from the perspectives of both the doctors and patients. Only two episodes aired on ABC during its original run in 2000. DirecTV aired all eight episodes on its channel The 101 Network starting January 14, 2009.
The show had many controversial positions on the mental health crisis and its treatment.
- Ted Levine .... Dr. Robert Banger (8 episodes, 2000)
- Michelle Forbes .... Dr. Lyla Garrity (8 episodes, 2000)
- Michael Jai White .... Dr. Derrick Hatcher (7 episodes, 2000)
- Billy Burke .... Dr. Abe Matthews (8 episodes, 2000)
- Martin Donovan .... Dr. Neil Harrison (8 episodes, 2000)
- Joelle Carter .... Dr. Heather Miles (6 episodes, 2000)
- Patricia Clarkson ... Tammy Banger (8 episodes, 2000)
- Peter Berg .... creator, executive producer (writer/director 1 episode, 2000 "Pilot")
- Tony Krantz .... executive producer (8 episodes, 2000)
- James Steven Sadwith .... consulting producer (7 episodes, 2000)
- Brian Grazer .... executive producer (unknown episodes)
- Peter R. McIntosh .... producer (unknown episodes)
- Barry M. Schkolnick
- John David Coles (unknown episodes)
- Charles McDougall (unknown episodes)
- Oz Scott
- Wonderland (Pilot)
- 20/20 Hindsight
- Spell Check
- Full Moon
- The Raw and the Cooked
- Wilt Chamberlain 3.0
- Personality Plus
- Episode 1: 13 million viewers
- Episode 2: 7.5 million viewers
The theme song of the show is a simple humming. It is performed by Madonna, although the DirecTV re-airing of the show uses a different theme song (not by Madonna). The band Purple Cream has recorded a theme song for the show called Crazy OL World
- Bednarski, P. J. (2008-12-10). "DirecTV's 101 Network to Re-Run 'Wonderland'". www.broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- The fictitious character Dr. Robert Banger, M.D., psychiatrist, says this in a show episode:
"When the pressures of modern society become too great for a person, when one's chemical dynamic becomes such that they are unbalanced, that they cease painting within the lines, they come to us. These are the people that society would prefer just go away -- the shadow people. The shadow people that project upon us their shadow and remind us just how tenuous mental health is. Our worst fears. They remind us how easy it can be to slip."
- Vanmaele, Bart. "Wonderland". Mad-Eyes.Net. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- Wonderland at the Internet Movie Database
- "Alive: ABC pulls 'Wonderland' off prime-time schedule". www.sptimes.com. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Bercovici, Jeff. "ABC: Low ratings tubed 'Wonderland,' not protests". www.medialifemagazine.com. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Carman, John (2000-03-30). "Don't Shrink Away From `Wonderland'". sfgate.com. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|