|Born||1944 (age 77–78)|
|Style||Southern Shaolin Kung Fu|
|Teacher(s)||Lai Chin-wah, Ho Fatt-nam, Choe Hoong-choy, Chee Kim-thong|
Wong Kiew-kit (born 1944) is a grandmaster in the tradition of the mythical Southern Shaolin Monastery in China, which should not be confused with the more commonly known Shaolin Monastery in Henan Province. Wong founded the Shaolin Wahnam Institute in 1982 in order to teach Shaolin arts to the public. Master Wong practiced and learned within a number of famous lineages which place him as a fourth generation successor of the Ven. Jiang Nan and a sixth generation successor of the Ven. Chee Seen both of the Southern Shaolin Temple.
Life and career
Born in 1944, Wong Kiew-kit started his lifelong training of the Shaolin arts at the age of 10 when he began learning Shaolin Kungfu from Lai Chin-wah, who was also known as Uncle Righteousness. According to Wong's biography, he became Lai Chin-wah's best disciple. He has taught Shaolin Cosmos Qigong, Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Zen and also Lion dance worldwide for more than 25 years. His school has qualified instructors in Canada, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, USA, Venezuela, Austria, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and the United Arab Emirates. He claims to have over 2000 students throughout the world.
He has written a number of books published in multiple languages on martial arts and philosophy. His works include Chi Kung For Health and Vitality, The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu, The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan, The Complete Book of Zen, Introduction to Shaolin Kung Fu, The Complete Book of Chinese Medicine, The Complete Book of Shaolin. Sukhavati: Western Paradise, and The Art of Chi Kung,
- "Sifu Wong Kiew-kit". Shaolin-wahnam.org. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Shaolin Wahnam Lineage". Shaolin.org. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- New Straits Times,Jun 15, 1999 Interview with Wong
- "Certified Instructors of Shaolin Wahnam". Shaolin.org. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- Official Website of the World Quigong Federation
- Chi Kung For Health and Vitality, ISBN 1852309547
- The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu, ISBN 1852307897
- The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan, ISBN 1852307927
- The Complete Book of Zen, ISBN 1862042551
- Introduction to Shaolin Kung Fu, ISBN 0901764531
- The Complete Book of Chinese Medicine, ISBN 983408790X
- The Complete Book of Shaolin, ISBN 9834087918
- Sukhavati: Western Paradise ISBN 9834087934
- The Art of Chi Kung, ISBN 9780091876579