Wood Green School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||A school that inspires learning; a caring community|
|Headteacher||Mr R Shadbolt|
|DfE URN||123238 Tables|
Wood Green School is a mixed secondary school and sixth form located in Oxfordshire, England which serves the traditional blanket making and historic town of Witney and its surrounding villages.
Set in over thirty acres of grounds and playing fields, the school is equipped with an all-weather floodlit pitch, multi-purpose sports hall, gymnasium, fitness suite and outdoor swimming pool. All classrooms throughout the school are equipped with projectors and/or interactive whiteboards. In its most recent inspection (June 2015), Wood Green School was judged by Ofsted to be Good.
Catering for ages 11-18, the school hosts approximately 1022 students, including the Sixth form (16-18). The school recently completed the building of a new Sixth Form Centre, school restaurant and drama studio. The school is a specialist visual and performing Arts College. The school now has Microsoft partnership status. The school reached the national finals of the mock trial competition in 2003 and 2006, came second in 2004 and won it in 2005.
In 2015, 68% of GCSE candidates achieved 5 or more A*-C grades, and 54% of GCSE candidates achieved 5 or more A*-C grades including English and Mathematics. In 2015 at A Level, 80% of grades achieved were A*-C.
The majority of students choose to continue their studies at the school's Sixth form. The Sixth Form Centre is located in a modern building above the school restaurant, offering a panoramic view over the school grounds. It includes a common room, seminar room, as well as a silent study workroom with networked computers and printing facilities. The Sixth form is part of the Witney Consortium, offering a wider range of course choices by allowing students to study some of their subjects at Henry Box School.
- Gott, Charles. "Book of Witney" (PDF). Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Wood Green School Prospectus 2015-2016" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Ofsted report - Wood Green School". Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- Sproule, Luke (6 Jan 2016). "Schools Focus: Wood Green head is ready to take school to next level after Ofsted report". Retrieved 17 July 2016 – via Oxford Times.
- "Mock Trial Competition announces winner". Citizenship Foundation. 30 June 2005. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "2015 Public Examination Results - Wood Green School" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Headteacher's Welcome". Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Wood Green School Sixth Form Prospectus 2016-2017" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Wood Green School Sixth Form Course Guidance and Information Booklet" (PDF). Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Welcome to Wood Green School". UCAS Progress. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2016.