|Woodborough shown within Nottinghamshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Woodborough is a village in Nottinghamshire, England. It is located 7 miles north-east of Nottingham. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 1,872. rising slightly to 1,872 at the 2011 census.
St. Swithun's Church, Woodborough is a 13th-century tower with a 14th-century chancel. Woodborough was a framework-knitting village, and some two-storey cottages with ground-floor knitter's windows remain at the junction of Main Street and Shelt Hill.
Woodborough also has a primary school called Woodborough Woods Foundation CofE Primary School, where 200+ students attend at any one time.
Nottingham City Transport
- 47: Nottingham – Mapperley – Lambley – Woodborough – Calverton – Oxton – Epperstone – Lowdham
- 47B: Nottingham – Mapperley – Lambley – Woodborough – Calverton
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Woodborough, Nottinghamshire.|
- The Woodborough Web – What's on in Woodborough
- Premiere Travel
- Woodborough Heritage site
- Woodborough Parish Council
|This Nottinghamshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|