Woodbury Township, Blair County, Pennsylvania
The Daniel Royer House, a historic site in the township
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania highlighting Woobury Township
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania
|• Type||Board of Supervisors|
|• Total||32.38 sq mi (83.85 km2)|
|• Land||32.38 sq mi (83.85 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,666|
|• Density||51.46/sq mi (19.87/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
- ZIP code: 16693
- Area code: 814
- Local telephone exchange: 832
Woodbury Township is located along the eastern edge of Blair County, with Huntingdon County to the east. It is bordered by the Frankstown Branch of the Juniata River and the borough of Williamsburg to the north, by the ridgecrest of Tussey Mountain to the east, and by the crest of Lock Mountain to the west.
A portion of Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 73 is located at the southwest corner of the township, portions of the Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 147 is located in the west on Dunning Mountain, and most of the Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 118 occupies the western slopes of Tussey Mountain on the east side of the township.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,637 people, 570 households, and 458 families residing in the township. The population density was 50.3 people per square mile (19.4/km²). There were 614 housing units at an average density of 18.9/sq mi (7.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.86% White, 1.41% African American, 0.06% Native American, 0.06% Asian, 0.06% from other races, and 0.55% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.31% of the population.
There were 570 households, out of which 30.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.9% were married couples living together, 6.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.6% were non-families. 17.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the township the population was spread out, with 22.6% under the age of 18, 8.9% from 18 to 24, 27.9% from 25 to 44, 26.0% from 45 to 64, and 14.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 106.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $35,170, and the median income for a family was $40,132. Males had a median income of $30,667 versus $21,691 for females. The per capita income for the township was $14,946. About 7.5% of families and 10.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.6% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Woodbury township, Blair County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/ The National Map, retrieved 13 October 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 73, retrieved 13 October 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 118, retrieved 12 November 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 147, retrieved 14 November 2018
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.