|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Kim Krushell|
|• Total||1.29 km2 (0.50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||676 m (2,218 ft)|
|• Density||2,014/km2 (5,220/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-0.7%|
Woodcroft is a neighbourhood located in northwest Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Surrounded by a mixture of residential neighbourhoods and light industrial subdivisions, it is bounded by 118 Avenue to the north, Groat Road to the east, 111 Avenue to the south, and 142 Street to the west. The neighbourhoods is home to Coronation Park and the Telus World of Science.
The six residential neighbourhoods adjacent to Woodcroft include Dovercourt to the north, Sherbrooke to the northeast, Inglewood to the east, Westmount to the southeast, North Glenora to the south, and McQueen to the southwest. Huff Bremner Estate Industrial and Dominion Industrial are located to the west and northwest.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Woodcroft had a population of 2,598 living in 1,395 dwellings, a -0.7% change from its 2009 population of 2,617. With a land area of 1.29 km2 (0.50 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,014 people/km2 in 2012.
Coronation Park is a large park occupying most of the southwest portion of the neighbourhood. The park is anchored by the Telus World of Science, formerly the Edmonton Space and Sciences Centre, at the northeast corner of 111 Avenue and 142 Street. Other attractions within the park include an ice arena, a small football stadium, a lawn bowling facility and the Peter Hemingway Fitness and Leisure Centre, formerly the Coronation Pool. The neighbourhood is also home to the Woodcroft Branch of the Edmonton Public Library.
Westmount Centre, built in 1955, is located in the southeast portion of the neighbourhood at the northwest corner of 111 Avenue and Groat Road. It was the first major shopping mall of its type in Edmonton.
Located between Coronation Park and the Westmount Centre is Ross Sheppard High School operated by Edmonton Public Schools. Other schools in Woodcroft include Woodcroft Public Elementary School and the St. Mark Catholic School.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Hall Rentals". Woodcroft Community League. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.