South Block, Woodend Hospital
|Location||Eday Road, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Care system||Public NHS|
University of Aberdeen|
Robert Gordon University
Queen Margaret University
|Emergency department||No Accident & Emergency|
|Website||NHS Grampian- Woodend Hospital|
|Lists||Hospitals in Scotland|
Woodend Hospital is a hospital located in the Woodend area of Aberdeen, Scotland which is owned and operated by NHS Grampian. Woodend Hospital opened in 1927 as a general hospital with a special block being set aside for the treatment of non-pulmonary tuberculosis, pneumonia and similar cases. It now provides outpatient services, elective orthopaedic surgery, rehabilitation and care of the elderly in conjunction with the other hospitals in the NHS Grampian area, with admissions in excess of 3000 patients a year.
Services and Clinics
- Audiology and hearing aid services
- Ear, nose, and throat outpatient department
- MARS (Mobility and Rehabilitation Services), which encompasses wheelchair, prosthetic and orthotic services
- MRI scanning
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation medicine out-patient clinics
- Out-patient X-Ray
- Three Care of the elderly wards, numbered 15-17
- Morningfield House, a care of the elderly ward
- a Neurorehabilitation Unit
- an Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Unit
- Four orthopaedic surgical wards; The Orthopaedic Short Stay Unit (two wards; Upper and Lower), and wards numbered 9 and 10
- a Stroke Rehabilitation Unit (two wards; East and West)
Other services located at Woodend Hospital include a Chapel/Quiet Room, a Royal Voluntary Service cafe/shop, Woodend Staff Home, Staff Learning and Development facilities, the Willows Restaurant and Woodend Nursery.
NHS corporate services
Many corporate services are based within Westholme, an office building located to the south of the Woodend Hospital site. The finance, human resources and recruitment departments for the NHS Grampian board are located here.
- "Woodend Hospital - Aberdeen: About Us". NHS Grampian. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Medicine for the Elderly". University of Aberdeen. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Woodend Hospital Plan- Feb 2013" (PDF). NHS Grampian. Retrieved 13 June 2014.