|Population||1,165 (2016 census)|
|• Density||6.158/km2 (15.948/sq mi)|
|Area||189.2 km2 (73.1 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
There are two towns within the locality, Woodgate Beach ( ) on the eastern coast of the locality (the Coral Sea) and Walkers Point ( ) on the southern coast of locality (in the estuary of the Burrum River).
The majority of the coastline of Woodgate consists of sandy beach, making it a popular holiday destination for people who live in nearby areas of Queensland. This small seaside town called Woodgate Beach with 16 km of white sandy beach with crystal clear peaceful, safe, sub tropical water is surrounded by a 20,000 hectare National Park with superb scenery, and provides a diverse range of holiday activities.
The Kabi group Dundaburra are traditionally connected to the area.
Woodgate State School opened on 1921 and closed in 1922.
The Woodgate Beach public library opened in 1993 with a minor refurbishment in 2009.
There are no schools in Woodgate. The nearest government primary school is Goodwood State School in neighbouring Goodwood to the west. The nearest government secondary school is Isis District State High School in Childers to the south-west.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Woodgate (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Woodgate – locality in Bundaberg Region (entry 44813)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 December 2020.
- "Woodgate Beach – population centre in the Bundaberg Region (entry 43387)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Walkers Point – population centre in Bundaberg Region (entry 36242)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 24 March 2021.
- "Woodgate Beach - Woodgate QLD". woodgatebeach.com. Archived from the original on 13 June 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "Queensland Public Library Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. November 2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Woodgate (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 27 January 2020.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Woodgate (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "Woodgate Beach Library". Public Libraries Connect. Archived from the original on 15 January 2018. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Recreational Boating Facilities Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 12 November 2020. Archived from the original on 22 November 2020. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- "Woodgate". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.