Woodlawn Wind Farm
|Woodlawn Wind Farm|
Location of Woodlawn Wind Farm in New South Wales
|Location||Near Bungendore, New South Wales|
|Commission date||Late 2011|
|Construction cost||A$115 million|
|Hub height||80 metres|
|Rotor diameter||88 metres|
|Make and model||Suzlon Energy: S88|
|Nameplate capacity||48.3 MW|
Woodlawn Wind Farm was owner and operator Infigen Energy's sixth Australian wind farm. It is a 48.3 megawatt wind farm with 23 turbines. The energy produced by the wind farm can power around 32,000 average Australian households per year, saving over 138,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions per year.
The New South Wales Minister for Planning issued Conditions of Approval for the project on 4 October 2005.
Infigen announced it had issued a notice to proceed with the construction of the wind farm on 28 June 2010.
The wind farm achieved practical completion on 17 October 2011.
Run with the Wind fun run
Run with the Wind is a community fun run amongst the wind turbines at the Woodlawn Wind Farm. Held every year on one Sunday morning sometime between October and November since 2012, the fun run is hosted as a wind farm open day by the owner-operator of the wind farm, Infigen Energy. Net proceeds from tickets sales go to the local community groups and volunteers.
Since 2013 the event runs two races: a 5 km and a 10 km race.
In 2012, 2013 and 2014 the 10 km race was won by and Australian Olympian runner Martin Dent.
To help fund the construction of the wind farm, Infigen Energy signed a A$55 million project finance debt facility agreement with Westpac. It is thought that this is the first project financing of a merchant wind farm in Australia.
The total project cost was A$115 million.
- EcoGeneration (March–April 2012). "The wind is greener at Woodlawn". EcoGeneration. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- Infigen Energy (16 December 2011). "Capital Renewable Energy Precinct". Infigen Energy. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Woodlawn Wind Farm Project Profile" (PDF). Infigen Energy. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Operation Environmental Management Plan: Woodlawn Wind Farm -- WOO-H-2130" (PDF). Infigen Energy. 14 October 2011. p. 14. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Woodlawn Wind Farm". Infigen Energy. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- Lee Hong Liang (27 December 2010). "Infigen Energy seals $55m financing for Woodlawn wind farm". Recharge News. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Infigen closes Woodlawn loan facility". Resources Roadhouse. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Woodlawn Wind Farm project finance". Australasian Legal Business. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|