|Area||3.8 sq mi (9.8 km2)|
|- land||3.7 sq mi (10 km2)|
|- water||0.1 sq mi (0 km2), 2.63%|
|Density||3,307.8/sq mi (1,277.1/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location of Louisiana in the United States
Woodmere is a census-designated place (CDP) in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 12,080 at the 2010 census. It is part of the New Orleans–Metairie–Kenner Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Woodmere is located at (29.857588, -90.078051).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.8 square miles (10.0 km²), of which 3.7 square miles (9.7 km²) is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) (2.86%) is water.
At of the 2000 census, there were 13,058 people, 3,722 households and 3,305 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 3,492.5 per square mile (1,348.1/km²). There were 3,882 housing units at an average density of 1,038.3 per square mile (400.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 24.93% White, 65.37% African American, 0.25% Native American, 6.00% Asian, 1.96% from other races, and 1.49% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.35% of the population.
There were 3,722 households of which 55.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.1% were married couples living together, 22.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.2% were non-families. 8.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.49 and the average family size was 3.67.
35.6% of the population were under the age of 18, 10.0% from 18 to 24, 31.3% from 25 to 44, 20.1% from 45 to 64, and 3.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 29 years. For every 100 females there were 93.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.2 males.
The median household income was $44,892 and the median family income was $45,378. Males had a median income of $31,931 compared with $22,960 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $14,494. About 11.5% of families and 12.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.3% of those under age 18 and 5.8% of those age 65 or over.
Most residents are zoned to Woodmere Elementary while some are zoned to Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary in Estelle and others are zoned to Ella C. Pittman Elementary in Marrero. All residents are zoned to Truman Middle School in Estelle. Some residents are zoned to John Ehret High School and some are zoned to Helen Cox High School in Harvey. In regards to advanced studies academies, residents are zoned to the Marrero Academy.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Woodmere CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Elementary School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Middle School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "Westbank Advanced Studies Academies Attendance Zones" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.