Woodrow Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Woodrow Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.9 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,217 ft (371 m)|
|• Density||2.1/sq mi (0.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0666044|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.9 square miles (93.1 km²), all of it land.
- Shotley Township (north)
- Kelliher Township (east)
- Shooks Township (southeast)
- Cormant Township (south)
- Quiring Township (southwest)
- Battle Township (west)
The township contains Foy Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 74 people, 30 households, and 18 families residing in the township. The population density was 2.1 people per square mile (0.8/km²). There were 49 housing units at an average density of 1.4/sq mi (0.5/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.65% White and 1.35% Native American.
There were 30 households out of which 30.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.0% were married couples living together, 3.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.7% were non-families. 30.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 20.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.47 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the township the population was spread out with 25.7% under the age of 18, 4.1% from 18 to 24, 20.3% from 25 to 44, 37.8% from 45 to 64, and 12.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 131.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 120.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $15,250, and the median income for a family was $17,083. Males had a median income of $18,750 versus $11,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $8,540. There were 52.4% of families and 59.5% of the population living below the poverty line, including 96.3% of under eighteens and 30.8% of those over 64.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Woodrow Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 41.