Woodruff High School (South Carolina)
|Woodruff High School|
|710 Cross Anchor Highway
Woodruff, South Carolina, South Carolina, Spartanburg County 29388
|School district||Spartanburg County School District 4|
|NCES District ID||4503570|
|NCES School ID||450357001015|
|Faculty||46.00 (Full-time equivalent, 2009–2010)|
|• Grade 9||233|
|• Grade 10||233|
|• Grade 11||216|
|• Grade 12||164|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.04 (As of 2010[update])|
|Color(s)||Maroon and gold|
|Athletics conference||Region II - AAA|
|Sports||Football, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, Cross Country, Track and field, Golf, Wrestling|
The original Woodruff High School was built in 1908 on East Georgia Street.
The next high school was built in 1925 at 239 East Hayne Street (Collegiate Gothic building designed by Frank H. Cunningham and Joseph G. Cunningham. The building cost $50,000 at the time, and is nearly 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2); the building includes a 600-seat auditorium. This building was the high school until 1953; it then became a junior high school until the 1960s, and an elementary school after that. The City of Woodruff bought the school and converted it into the city hall and police station in 1978. The building was nominated for the National Register of Historic Places as "Woodruff High School" on May 31, 2006, and added to the Register on October 18, 2006 with the identification number 06000578.) in downtown Woodruff. It is a
The following high school was opened in September 1953.
- "Woodruff High School, Spartanburg County (239 East Hayne Street, Woodruff)". National Register Properties in South Carolina. Columbia, South Carolina: State Historic Preservation Office, South Carolina Department of Archives & History. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Woodruff High". Common Core of Data. Washington, D.C.: National Center for Education Statistics, United States Department of Education. 2010. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "About WHS.." Woodruff, South Carolina: Spartanburg County School District 4. 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Woodruff Athletics". Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Search for Public Schools". Common Core of Data. Washington, D.C.: National Center for Education Statistics, United States Department of Education. 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- Arning, David R. (2006-01-09). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form (NPS Form 10-900)" (PDF). Columbia, South Carolina: State Historic Preservation Office, South Carolina Department of Archives & History. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "South Carolina - Spartanburg County". Logan, Ohio: American Dreams Inc. 2011-04-05. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Woodruff High School". Historic Places Database. Oakland, California. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- Woodruff High School — official school site
- National Register Properties in South Carolina: Woodruff High School — state website about the 1923 building, with photographs, description, and HRHP nomination form