|Woodsetton shown within the West Midlands|
|Population||13,793 (2011.Ward.Upper Gornal and Woodsetton)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||DY1, DY3|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Woodsetton is an area of the Dudley Metropolitan Borough in the West Midlands of England, roughly 2.0 miles (3 km) northwest of Dudley Town Centre. Formerly in the Sedgley Urban District, a part of Woodsetton (which included Dudley Castle) was transferred into the Dudley County Borough in 1926 to allow for the building of the Priory Estate. This reorganisation also saw this part of the area transferred from Staffordshire to Worcestershire.
The remainder of the urban district was transferred into an expanded Dudley borough in 1966. Modern-day Woodsetton now forms part of the electoral ward of Upper Gornal and Woodsetton. It is divided between the DY1 and DY3 postal districts.
Holden's Brewery is based in Woodsetton.
The Bramford Primary School, which opened in the 1950s, provides primary education for the Woodsetton area. The school was expanded in 2004 to include a new sports hall and several classrooms. For secondary education, the area is served by The High Arcal School, just east of Sedgley.
- "Dudley Ward population 2011". Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Collins, Paul (2005). Dudley Living Memories. The Francis Frith Collection. p. 14. ISBN 978-1-907639-78-4.
- "Sedgley UD through time". Vision of Britain. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Who was Abraham Darby?". Britain Unlimited. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "About Us". Woodsetton School.
|This West Midlands location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|