Wool Market, Mississippi
|Elevation||33 ft (10 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867334|
Wool Market (also Woolmarket) is an unincorporated community in Harrison County, Mississippi. Wool Market is approximately 2.7 miles (4.3 km) northwest of Biloxi and part of the Gulfport-Biloxi metropolitan area.
Historically, the settlement was called "Wool Market", though presently, the one-word "Woolmarket" has been adopted, as can be observed at "Woolmarket Elementary School", and in official documents published by Harrison County government.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wool Market
- Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Mississippi. Goodspeed. 1891. p. 200.
- Rowland, Dunbar (1907). Mississippi: Comprising Sketches of Counties, Towns, Events, Institutions, and Persons, Arranged in Cyclopedic Form. 2. Southern Historical Publishing Association. p. 992.
- "Woolmarket Elementary School". Harrison County School District. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Community Plan for Western Harrison County" (PDF). Harrison County Board of Supervisors. February 1, 2008.
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|