Woolooware railway station
Eastbound view in April 2012
|Location||Swan Street, Woolooware|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||33.60 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||16 December 1939|
Woolooware station opened on 16 December 1939 when the Cronulla line opened from Sutherland to Cronulla. In April 2010, the line from Caringbah to Cronulla was duplicated which saw the side platform at Woolooware converted to an island platform as part of the Rail Clearways Program.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|| Original platform|
|2||services to Cronulla|| New platform opened in 2010|
Transdev NSW operate two routes via Woolooware station:
- Woolooware Station NSWrail.net
- Woolooware Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- First passenger trains run on newly duplicated track on the Cronulla Line Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation 19 April 2010
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 962 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW
- Media related to Woolooware railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Photo gallery showing construction of the Cronulla Line duplication
- Woolooware station details Sydney Trains