Woolooware railway station
Eastbound view in April 2012
|Location||Swan Street, Woolooware|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||33.60 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||16 December 1939|
|Passengers (2013)||1,130 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Woolooware station opened on 16 December 1939 when the Cronulla line opened from Sutherland to Cronulla. In April 2010, the line from Caringbah to Cronulla was duplicated which saw the side platform at Woolooware converted to an island platform as part of the Rail Clearways Program.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|| Original platform|
|2||services to Cronulla|| New platform opened in 2010|
Woolooware station is served by one NightRide route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Woolooware Station NSWrail.net
- Woolooware Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- First passenger trains run on newly duplicated track on the Cronulla Line Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation 19 April 2010
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "N11 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- Media related to Woolooware railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Photo gallery showing construction of the Cronulla Line duplication
- Woolooware station details Transport for New South Wales