(Redirected from Woolworths)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Woolies or Woolworth's in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Woolworth, Woolworth's, or Woolworths may refer to:
- F. W. Woolworth Company, the original US-based chain of "five and dime" (5¢ and 10¢) stores
- Woolworths Group, former operator of the Woolworths chain of shops in the UK, ceased trading and liquidated in early 2009
- Woolworths (Ireland), originally part of F.W. Woolworth, closed in 1984
- Woolworth GmbH, the owner of the Woolworths chain of high street shops in Germany and Austria
- Woolworth Mexicana, originally part of F.W. Woolworth, operates a chain of small variety stores in Mexico
- Woolworths (Cyprus), originally part of F.W. Woolworth, sold off in 1985 and subsequently split
- Woolworths.co.uk, a defunct online retail company owned by Shop Direct Group
- Woolworths Group, the largest retail company in Australia and New Zealand; named after the American F.W. Woolworth brand, but unrelated
- Woolworths (New Zealand), a New Zealand chain of supermarkets under ownership by Woolworths Group Australia, trading predominantly as Countdown (except 1 outlet)
- Woolworths Supermarkets, a chain of supermarkets in Australia owned by Woolworths Group
South African Woolworths Holdings Limited
- Woolworths (South Africa), one of the largest South African retail and supermarket chain stores; named after the F.W. Woolworth brand, but unrelated
- Charles Sumner Woolworth (1856–1947), brother and business partner of the company that bore their name
- Frank Winfield Woolworth (1852–1919), founder of the company that bore his name
- Michael Woolworth (born 1960), American artist/printer
Places and buildings
- F. W. Woolworth Building (Lexington, Kentucky), a department store building in Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.
- Woolworth, Mississippi, a ghost town in Lincoln County, Mississippi, U.S.
- Woolworth Building, New York City, U.S., a skyscraper
- Woolworth Building (San Diego), built in 1886, in San Diego, California, U.S.
- Woolworth Estate, Glen Cove, New York, U.S., the historic estate of Frank Winfield Woolworth
- Escort carrier, also called a "Woolworth Carrier" by the Royal Navy
- FP-45 Liberator, nicknamed the "Woolworth gun" due to its low quality
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Woolworth.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.