Workflow is a scripting application for iOS. It was developed by Ari Weinstein, Conrad Kramer, Veeral Patel, and Nick Frey at MHacks Winter 2014. The app allows users to create macros for executing specific tasks on their device. These task sequences can be created by the user, or user-generated applications can be downloaded from the integrated Gallery.
In 2015, Workflow received an Apple Design Award for its integration with iOS accessibility features such as VoiceOver. On March 22, 2017, Apple acquired Workflow for an undisclosed amount. Following the purchase, the software was made available for free. An accompanying update also changed some of the service providers used within the app to those owned or preferred by Apple, such as Apple Maps and Microsoft Translator, and closed submissions of workflows to Gallery.
- "Workflow". Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Apple snaps up Workflow, an iOS automation app for power users [Updated]". Ars Technica. Conde Nast. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "Fantastical 2, Workflow, Robinhood Among Winners At Apple Design Awards". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "Apple bought the best utility app for the iPhone, Workflow". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- Workflow Website & Documentation
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|