CareerSource Central Florida
CareerSource Central Florida (CSCF) is Central Florida region’s workforce board, responsible for workforce planning, programs, and the labor market for five Florida counties (Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Sumter) in the United States. CareerSource Central Florida connects employers to job seekers in the area, provides worker resources and training and prepares Central Florida’s residents for careers which meet local businesses’ needs.
Services for the unemployed
CareerSource Central Florida provides no-cost employment and training solutions to local job seekers through offices in Orange, Osceola, Lake, Seminole and Sumter Counties. Services include:
- Job leads, placement services, resume writing assistance, career planning and counseling, training opportunities; information on filing for unemployment, veterans programs, information on community resources and agencies and brochures on how to find (and keep) a job and related topics
- An online job bank
- Job fairs, including virtual and in-office events with area employers
- Scholarships for training, available to those who qualify when receiving public assistance or after a layoff
- Resource Rooms, with no-cost access to employment resources; these include a fax machine, a copier, telephones, computers, printers, internet access, basic Microsoft Office software, an online resume-building tool, typing software, choice assessment (a career-interest checklist), job salary comparisons, information on growing industries in Central Florida, self-paced tutorials and training in programs such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Services for employers
CareerSource Central Florida also provides no-cost recruitment, retention and training solutions for employers, including:
- Training award programs which may pay for up 50 percent of a company’s direct training costs (up to $100,000)
- An online job bank, where employers can post job openings and reach job-seekers across the state
- Job fairs throughout the community, online and in CareerSource Central Florida offices
- A mobile unit, a transportable HR resource for pre-employment screening, testing, training or interviewing
- A lending Library, where employers can access training and human-resources materials
- Research and labor-market information which companies may use to make business decisions (such as current occupational wages, the available labor force and salary comparisons)
- Osceola County Association of Realtors Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- Around Osceola - Summer Program Funded by Stimulus Money
- Company Seeks 600 New Workers Archived January 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lake jobless figures improve in October
- Central Florida Unemployment Rate 11.5% Archived from the original 2012-05-18.
- Central Florida Prepares to Retire Workers Archived from the original 2012-05-18.