SWAT and WADS conferences
|Scandinavian Symposium and Workshops on Algorithm Theory|
|Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium|
WADS, the Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium, is an international academic conference in the field of computer science, focusing on algorithms and data structures. WADS is held every second year, usually in Canada and always in North America. It is held in alternation with its sister conference, the Scandinavian Symposium and Workshops on Algorithm Theory (SWAT), which is usually held in Scandinavia and always in Northern Europe. The proceedings of both conferences are published by Springer Verlag through their Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
The first SWAT took place in 1988, in Halmstad, Sweden. The first WADS was organised one year later, in 1989, in Ottawa, Canada. Until 2007, WADS was known as the Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures, and until 2008, SWAT was known as the Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory.
- The list of computer science conferences contains other academic conferences in computer science.
- WADS web page.
- SWAT 2010 web page.
- Karlsson, Rolf; Lingas, Andrzej, eds. (1988), Proc. 1st Scandinavian Workshop on Algorithm Theory (SWAT), Halmstad, Sweden, July 5–8, LNCS 318, Springer, doi:10.1007/3-540-19487-8, ISBN 978-3-540-19487-3.
- Dehne, F.; Sack, J.-R.; Santoro, N., eds. (1989), Proc. Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS), Ottawa, Canada, August 17–19, LNCS 382, Springer, doi:10.1007/3-540-51542-9, ISBN 978-3-540-51542-5.
- SWAT 2008 web page.
- Chazelle, Bernard; et al. (1996), "Application Challenges to Computational Geometry: CG Impact Task Force Report", in Chazelle, Bernard; Goodman, Jacob E.; Pollack, Richard, Advances in Discrete and Computational Geometry: Proceedings of the 1996 AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference, Discrete and Computational Geometry–Ten Years Later, July 14–18, 1996, Mount Holyoke College, ISBN 978-0-8218-0674-6 . Also available as a Princeton University technical report TR-521-96. Section 13.2 mentions the following conferences (in this order) as examples of "major algorithms conferences" with "a large amount of geometry": SODA, ISAAC, ESA, WADS, SWAT.
- Navarro, Gonzalo; Raffinot, Mathieu (2002), Flexible Pattern Matching in Strings, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-81307-5. Section 7.3.2 mentions the following conferences (in this order) as examples of conferences that publish articles on pattern matching (in addition to more narrow conferences CPM, COCOON, RECOMB, SPIRE, ISMB): DCC, ESA, FOCS, FSTTCS, ICALP, ISAAC, MFCS, SODA, STACS, STOC, SWAT, WAE, WADS.
- The 2007 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences. Conferences on tier A ("... would add to the author's respect...") include SWAT and WADS.