World's Best Donuts
|World's Best Donuts|
World's Best Donuts is a doughnut shop and American restaurant in Grand Marais, Minnesota. It is located along the waterfront of Lake Superior. World's Best Donuts is an independent family-owned business established in 1969 by Merieta Altrichter. The shop has been featured in Minnesota Monthly and The New York Times, both of which described the shop's donuts as living up to the business's name.
Awards and mentions
In 2007, Minnesota Monthly mentioned World's Best Donuts, saying, "The Grand Marais Donut Shop changed its name after customers kept telling them they had the 'best doughnuts in the world.' They're probably right."
World's Best Donuts has also been featured in numerous national travel guide books including National Geographic's The 100 Best Affordable Vacations, Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips, and Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to the Best Barbeque Joints, Lobster Shacks, Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much, Much More.
- Gihring, Tim. "Epicurean Expedition". Minnesota Monthly. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Hampl, Patricia. "Small Is Beautiful; Grand Marais, Minn". New York Times. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Wolf, Bonny. "Since When Does Summer Taste Like Doughnuts?". NPR. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "World's Best Donuts, Grand Marais - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor". www.tripadvisor.com. Retrieved September 27, 2017.
- Wooldridge, Jane (2011). The 100 Best Affordable Vacations. National Geographic Books. p. 88. ISBN 9781426207181.
- Benson, Sara (2010). USA's Best Trips: 99 Themed Itineraries Across America. Lonely Planet. ISBN 9781741797350.
- Stern, Jane and Michael (2014). Roadfood: The Coast-to-Coast Guide to 900 of the Best Barbecue Joints, Lobster Shacks, Ice Cream Parlors, Highway Diners, and Much, Much More. Random House LLC. ISBN 9780770434533.
- National Public Radio
- Tastes of Minnesota: A Food Lover's Tour.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul: 25 Weekend Getaways in and Around the Twin Cities
- Star Tribune