World (Lindita song)
|Single by Lindita|
|Released||29 March 2017|
|Lindita singles chronology|
|Eurovision Song Contest 2017 entry|
|◄ "Fairytale" (2016)|
|"Mall" (2018) ►|
The song represented Albania in the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev, Ukraine after winning the pre-selection competition Festivali i Këngës with the song's Albanian version "Botë". The country failed to qualify for the grand final marking their seventh year to achieve this result.
In order to promote and support the song, Lindita made various appearances to perform the song and embarked on a small tour in Amsterdam, Madrid and Tel Aviv. The accompanying music video for the song was premiered onto the official YouTube channel of the Eurovision Song Contest on 13 March 2017.
"World" received positive remarks from The Telegraph and Daily Express. Sebastian Kettley from Express wrote: “Powerful message of spreading love in her pop-rock song “World” , whereas Telegraph concluded: “Another Eurovision staple: the “what is happening to the world?” power ballad”. Meanwhile, John Kennedy O'Connor in an exclusive presentation for San Marino RTV stated: "This is definitely one of the most beautiful and inspiring video of this year's previews but that counts for nothing as what happens on stage is all that matters. I can't see this song inspiring to many viewers to pick up the phones to vote but we'll see..."  Among the Eurovision's fansites, “World” received mixed reviews whereas among the fans it was met with strong enthusiasm.
Lindita made several appearances across Europe to specifically promote "World" as the Albanian Eurovision entry. Between 3 and 6 April, she took part in promotional activities in Tel Aviv, Israel where she performed during the Israel Calling event held at the Ha'teatron venue. On 8 April, Lindita performed during the Eurovision in Concert event which was held at the Melkweg venue in Amsterdam, Netherlands and hosted by Cornald Maas and Selma Björnsdóttir. On 15 April, she performed during the Eurovision Spain Pre-Party, which was held at the Sala La Riviera venue in Madrid, Spain.
On 1 November 2016, Lindita was confirmed to be taking part in Festivali i Këngës 55, Albania's national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, with the song "Botë". She qualified from the second semi-final on 22 December 2016, to the final, held on 23 December. In the final, she won the jury vote and came third with the televote, ultimately winning the competition and becoming the Albanian representative in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. On 26 December, she revealed that the song would be revamped for Eurovision and that its lyrics would be translated into English. The revamped version was revealed on 13 March 2017, while the song was released as a digital download on 29 March. Albania competed in the first half of the first semi-final at the Eurovision Song Contest.
- "Albania: Lindita wins Festivali i Këngës!". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. 24 December 2016. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Lindita is ready to take on the world for Albania". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. 18 March 2017. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Lindita - World (Albania) Eurovision 2017 - Official Music Video". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- Kavaler, Ron (22 March 2017). "ISRAEL CALLING! EUROVISION PROMO EVENT SET FOR APRIL 3 TO 6". wiwibloggs.com. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Laufer, Gil (5 April 2017). "Tonight: Israel Calling 2017 to be held with 28 participating countries". esctoday.com. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Jordan, Paul (29 March 2017). "Eurovision in Concert sets a new record with 33 acts". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Fuster, Luis (1 April 2017). "MADRID CALLING! 19 ACTS WILL TAKE PART IN EUROVISION SPAIN PRE-PARTY". wiwibloggs.com. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- Granger, Anthony (1 November 2016). "ALBANIA: FESTIVALI I KENGES 55 PARTICIPANTS ANNOUNCED". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix.
- Granger, Anthony (22 December 2016). "ALBANIA: FESTIVALI I KENGES 55 FINALISTS SELECTED". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix.
- Granger, Anthony (26 December 2016). "ALBANIA: "BOTË" WILL CHANGE LANGUAGE FOR EUROVISION". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix.
- Jordan, Paul (9 September 2016). "Kyiv to host Eurovision 2017!". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Jordan, Paul (21 January 2016). "Semi-Final Allocation Draw on Monday, pots revealed". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "World - Single". iTunes. Retrieved 6 April 2017.