World Coalition Against the Death Penalty
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The World Coalition Against the Death Penalty is an alliance of NGOs, bar associations, local bodies and unions whose aim is to strengthen the international anti-death penalty movement. The World Coalition lobbies international organisations and States, organises international events and facilitates the creation and development of national and regional coalitions against the death penalty.
The World Coalition has 158 member organisations as of August 2014.
Among the member organizations are:
- Amnesty International
- Human Rights Watch
- International Commission of Jurists
- Fédération internationale des ligues des droits de l'homme
- Belarusian Helsinki Committee
- Confédération générale du travail
- Fédération Syndicale Unitaire
- American Friends Service Committee
- National Lawyers Guild