World Confederation of Businesses
The World Confederation of Businesses (WORLDCOB) was founded on September 9, 2004, in the city of Houston, Texas, in the United States of America, under the name of MPBM, Co. Authorization was requested for the use of the name World Confederation of Businesses as the DBA (trade name) of MPBM Co. WORLDCOB has a governing body consisting of the chairman, vice chairman, and the board of directors, made up of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals of different nationalities, all with experience in the field of business consultancy and advisory. The main offices were set up in Houston Founded by organization president Jesus Moran.
WORLDCOB is the awarding body of the Bizz Awards, founded in 2005. The Bizz Awards dinner was hosted in Houston in 2005, New York City in 2006, Punta Cana in 2007, Panama City in 2008, Cuzco, Peru in 2009, Houston again in 2010, Rome in 2011, and in the Bahamas in 2012. Recently the dinners have taken place in two different cities each year, one for the Europe, Asia, and Middle Eastern region, and one for the Western hemisphere. The dinner is also accompanied by a business fair, where organization members present their businesses. The fair is called the ExpoBizz business forum.
Since 2011 the organization has also been the certifying body for the WORLDCOB certification in corporate social responsibility WORLDCOB-CSR. The certification lasts for a single year, and is determined after an audit of corporate documents by the organization. The organization states that it has over 3000 members in over 100 countries. The organization also launched a business-to-business online platform in 2009, where members contact each other and conduct various business transactions. The congress also holds the CSR Workshop Tour.
- "ABOUT US". Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- Hugo Arce (August 1, 2006). "Premian a la innovación mexicana". El UNIVERSAL. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "WORLDCOB discusses global crisis and announces EXPOBIZZ in Lima". Peru.com. June 15, 2009. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "A Celebration of Business Excellence in the Middle East". Kuwait Times. May 12, 2012. p. 26. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Detén el paso del tiempo. No importa la edad, en forma sencilla y rápida". La Cronica del Quindí. January 26, 2012. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "The Bizz". Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Jesús Morán, Presidente de Worldcob: "Para las empresas es una oportunidad de generar nuevos negocios"". TVAldia. December 12, 2011. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "Connecting for Growth". Business Today. August 13, 2012. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Gulam Ali Khan (August 11, 2011). "Business Interview: Jesus Moran". Muscat Daily. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- Daniel Sousa (July 31, 2011). "A Leadership Commitment". La Prensa. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "WORLDCOB-CSR:2011.1 Certifaction Process" (PDF). Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "Bizzmarket.com Portal Launched". El Heraldo. February 3, 2009. Retrieved July 31, 2012.
- "THE BIZZ ARABIC 2014". AMEinfo.com. October 25, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Abu Dhabi University wins THE BIZZ 2014". AMEinfo.com. October 20, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility in Panama". THE VISITOR. September 20, 2013. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|