World Cup Soccer (pinball)
|Release date||July 1994|
|Design||John Popadiuk, Larry DeMar|
|Programming||Larry DeMar, Matt Coriale|
|Voices||Tim Kitzrow (Announcer)|
|Production run||8,743 units (confirmed)|
This table was formerly available as DLC for The Pinball Arcade until it was removed on June 30, 2018. This was previously published as World Champion Soccer, as FarSight Studios was unable to secure the World Cup license from FIFA. This digital table has many changes; the W-O-R-L-D-C-U-P lights leading to the left loop are replaced by C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N, World Cup USA 94 on the plastics between left inlanes and outlanes are renamed to Champion Soccer TPA 17, (TPA bring an abbreviation of “The Pinball Arcade” and 17 being in reference to the year it was released as DLC: 2017) and the backglass is also changed to avoid possible lawsuits from FIFA for using the tournament's mascot Striker, World Cup USA 94 name and any other references to World Cup USA 1994. without required license.
- Raiden, a character from the Mortal Kombat fighting series, makes a cameo in a bonus round.
- Inexplicably, the flyer for the machine depicts an American football field instead of a soccer field in the background. However, the stadium shown is the Soldier Field in Chicago, which held several matches during the 1994 World Cup, among them the opening match.
- IGN Staff. "Breaking into the Industry: Tim Kitzrow". IGN. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- World Cup Soccer at the Internet Pinball Database
- World Cup Soccer on Pinside.com
- World Cup Soccer promo video (part 1)
- World Cup Soccer promo video (part 2)
- Recent Auction Results for World Cup Soccer
|This pinball article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|