World Dog Show
The World Dog Show is a Fédération Cynologique Internationale-sanctioned, four- to six-day-long international dog show, held yearly since 1971. It has been called "the most important dog show in the world". The World Show includes agility, obedience, junior handler, conformation, and other events and demonstrations. Dogs who win in any category are awarded the title "World Champion". The show places a special emphasis on rare and unusual dog breeds. It is one of the largest dog shows in the world, with shows attracting upwards of 10,000 entrants. It is held in a different country each year.
The top title at the event is Certificat d'Aptitude au Championnat International de Beauté (French for 'Certificate of Aptitude at the International Championship of Beauty'), abbreviated CACIB, for which only purebred specimens of fully recognised, standardised breeds, not provisionally recognised or experimental breeds, may qualify. Some people feel that a win at the World Dog Show is worth more, reputation-wise, than the same win at the Westminster Kennel Club show. Entries in the World Show are from Fédération Cynologique Internationale member clubs, and non-member clubs (such as the American Kennel Club) by invitation.
Show locations and conformation show winners
- Pat Storer (January 1997). Your Puppy, Your Dog: A Kid's Guide to Raising a Happy, Healthy Dog. Storey Communications. p. 146. ISBN 978-0-88266-959-5. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Chris Walkowicz; Bonnie Wilcox (16 January 1994). Successful Dog Breeding: The Complete Handbook of Canine Midwifery. Wiley. p. 66. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Sandra Choron; Harry Choron (2005). Planet Dog: A Doglopedia. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. p. 99. ISBN 978-0-618-51752-7. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Patches Silverstone (1997). Dalmatians Today. Howell Book House. ISBN 978-0-87605-136-8. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Carlos DeVito; Dominique DeVito (1 June 2008). The Everything Dog Book: Learn to train and understand your furry best friend!. Adams Media. p. 305. ISBN 978-1-4405-1249-0. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Alfred Gingold (8 February 2005). Dog World: And the Humans Who Live There. Crown Publishing Group. p. 162. ISBN 978-0-7679-2021-6. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Mexico World Dog Show 2007". Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- Russell, Sandra. "The World Show 2004". OurDogs. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- World Dog Show 2015 Blog
- Horter, Ria (December 2014), "Small Hungarian Sheepdogs", The Canine Chronicle, no. 194
- The Whippet Archives
- World Dog Show 2015 Blog
- The Borzoi Files
- video of 1996 Budapest World Show, including agility, working dog, brace, and Group events, and Best in Show
- Dr Jacklyn E. Hungerland (2003). Papillons: Everything About Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Behavior, and Training. Barron's Educational Series. p. 11. ISBN 978-0-7641-2419-8. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- World Dogshow Milano 2000
- World Dog Show 2005 in Argentina: a hairy final by Emmanuel Pacitto
- World Dog Show 2006 article in Our Dogs
- Meish Goldish (1 January 2009). Toy Poodle: Oodles of Fun. Bearport Publishing Company Incorporated. p. 27. ISBN 978-1-59716-746-8. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Swedish Kennelclub World Dog Show 2008
- Dog Fancy. Fancy Publications. February 2010. p. 9. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Herning 2010 Show Results
- "World Dog Show 2011 France". Euro Dog Show.info. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- Our Dogs Press release
- World Dog Show 2013
- Finnish Kennelclub - World Dog Show 2014
- Wilheim, Fruzsina (25 May 2013). "Hungary on top in world dogfight". The Budapest Times. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- World Dog Show 2015
- World Dog Show 2016
- World Dog Show 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to World Dog Show.|