World Heritage Channel
|World Heritage Channel|
World Heritage Channel logo
|Launched||April 20, 2015|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||Southeast Asia|
World Heritage Channel is a documentary channel available in Asia. World Heritage Channel is operated by Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific. It first launched in Philippines through ACCION on April 20, 2015.
World Heritage Channel's programming categories include culture, travel, history, and natural heritage. The channel's content is intended to provide viewers an inspiring experience to the most famous places on earth, such as UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
World Heritage Channel's programming consists of acquired, first-run content for the region from documentary makers. Noteworthy shows include The World Heritage Site, Journey to Natural World Heritage Sites and Beautiful Planet. Asian documentaries include Asia's Monarchies and Asia Rising. Travel documentaries on the channel include Travel Bug and Paradise Asia. Turner has also picked up several series narrated by David Attenborough - David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies 3D and Flying Monsters 3D.
- Asia's Monarchies
- David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies
- David Attenborough's Flying Monsters
- Giants of the Deep
- Journey to Natural World Heritage Sites
- Sacred Sites: Ireland
- Must See! Must Eat! Must Do! Taiwan
- The Travel Bug
- The World Heritage Site
- "Turner to launch World Heritage Channel in Asia". Mumbrella Asia. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Turner brings World Heritage Channel to Asia | Pay-TV | News". Rapid TV News. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Turner launches HD World Heritage Channel in Asia". casbaa.com. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- UNESCO World Heritage Centre. "UNESCO World Heritage Centre". unesco.org. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Turner makes docs move with World Heritage Channel". TBI Vision. Retrieved 16 August 2015.