World Hunger Relief
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Yum! Brands' annual World Hunger Relief campaign is the world's largest private sector hunger relief effort to raise awareness, volunteerism and funds to benefit the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and other hunger relief agencies. Spanning over 125 countries, over 41,000 KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell restaurants and 1.5 million associates. 
Since the program launched in 2007, nearly 1.5 million of Yum! Brands' employees, franchisees and their families have volunteered millions of hours to aid hunger relief efforts. The effort has raised nearly $600 million for the WFP and other hunger relief organizations and is helping to provide nearly 2.4 billion nutritious meals.
In 2007, to address hunger on a global scale, Yum! Brands' created their annual World Hunger Relief effort to raise awareness, volunteerism and funds for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and other hunger relief organizations.
At the Clinton Global Initiative in 2008, Yum! Brands pledged to: raise and donate at least $80 million to help WFP and others provide 200 million meals for hungry school children in developing countries; donate 20 million hours of hunger relief volunteer service in the communities in which it operates; donate $200 million worth of its prepared food to hunger agencies in the United States and use the company's marketing clout to generate awareness of the hunger problem, and convince others to become part of the solution.
In 2012, World Food Program USA honored Christina Aguilera and Yum! Brands' Chairman and CEO, David C. Novak, at the State Department with the George McGovern Leadership Award for their work with Yum! Brands' World Hunger Relief campaigns.
- "About the Movement". fromhungertohope.com. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "World Hunger Relief Campaign: WFP Representative in Bangladesh John Aylieff and Executive Director of Transcom Food Ltd. Akku Chowdhury inaugurated the month-long programme today at KFC in Dhaka". wfp.org. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "World Hunger Relief Overview". fromhungertohope.com. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "ADDING MULTIMEDIA Christina Aguilera Lends Powerful Voice in Fight to End Hunger as Global Spokesperson for World Hunger Relief Effort this Fall". businesswire.com. 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "Aguilera to 'help world hunger'". news.bbc.co.uk. 2009-07-16. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "World Food Programme Ambassador Christina Aguilera and Yum! Brands Chairman David Novak Honored at State Department with George McGovern Leadership Award". WFPUSA.org. 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Secretary Clinton, Christina Aguilera, and David Novak Honored at World Food Program-USA's Annual George McGovern Leadership Award Ceremony". feedthefuture.gov. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Yum! Brands CEO Novak, Christina Aguilera win State Department award". bizjournals.com. 2012-10-02. Retrieved 2014-01-14.