World LPG Association
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The World LPG Association (WLPGA) is the authoritative global voice for the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry and the worldwide industry association which represents the interests of the LPG industry globally. The WLPGA promotes the use of LPG to foster a cleaner, healthier and more prosperous world.
The Association's mission is to:
- Demonstrate the benefits of LPG and inform, educate and influence all stakeholders.
- Support the development of LPG markets.
- Promote compliance with standards, good business and good safety practices.
- Identify innovation and facilitate knowledge transfer.
With over 200 members headquartered in more than 125 countries, the WLPGA represents the interests of private and public companies from the entire LPG value chain under one umbrella.
The WLPGA provides a platform for the exchange of best practices, facts and figures among its members. The Association hosts the annual World LPG Forum which regularly unites over 2,000 delegates, hundreds of visitors and exhibitors to network and share best practices.
The Association regularly organises interactive meetings between technical experts, members and key stakeholders to demonstrate the benefits of LPG.
Through partnerships with international bodies like the United Nations and the World Bank, the WLPGA is committed to bringing energy to the poor in developing countries. Together with local LPG associations and members it addresses major issues with key stakeholders such as policy-makers.
The WLPGA was officially granted Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1989. Publications such as its Annual Statistical Review have become LPG industry references.
The WLPGA has six major programmes, all aimed at enhancing awareness of LPG as a clean, all-purpose and efficient energy source.
* Good Industry Practices Promoting the importance of good safety and business practices in the industry through targeted publications and lobbying activities.
* Communications The Association facilitates information exchange and communication among all LPG stakeholders.
* New Market Development The WLPGA identifies new market opportunities for LPG, in both rural and urban settings, and supports the growth and development of existing markets.
* International Outreach and Lobbying The Association builds strong relationships with key intergovernmental agencies and business associations through participating on worldwide forums and co-operating on industry reports.
* Global Autogas Industry Network The Global Autogas Industry Network, (GAIN) is a communications and information network particularly dedicated to the global Autogas community.
* Global Technology Network GLOTEC supports industry growth through the use of new technologies as well as collecting and disseminating information on the use of new technologies to members.
Annual World Forum
The WLPGA Annual World LPG Forum is arguably the largest LPG industry conference and exhibition in the world, and the only which unites industry players from across the globe. Through the World Forum, the Association provides an opportunity for attendees to share best practices, acquire knowledge, and network with LPG industry leaders. The World Forum travels the globe and is held in a different continent each year.
- 2015 World Forum - Singapore 
- 2014 World Forum - Miami, USA 
- 2013 World Forum - London, UK 
- 2012 World Forum - Bali, Indonesia
- 2011 World Forum - Doha, Qatar