World Literacy Crusade
World Literacy Crusade (WLC) is a non-profit organisation formed in 1992 by the Rev. Alfreddie Johnson to fight illiteracy, and supported by the Church of Scientology. The group uses "study technologies" and "drug rehabilitation technologies" developed by L. Ron Hubbard, the Church's founder. It has been characterized as a "Scientology front group", and has been promoted by celebrity Scientologists such as Isaac Hayes and Anne Archer.
- World Literacy Crusade World Literacy Crusade -- homepage for WLC (accessed 2007-02-21)
- Lewis, James R. (2009). Scientology. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 9. ISBN 9780199715954. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Lewis, James R. (2012). Hammer, Olav; Rothstein, Mikael, eds. The Cambridge Companion to New Religious Movements. Cambridge University Press. p. 137. ISBN 9781107493551. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Mallia, Joseph (1998-03-02). "Church keys programs to recruit blacks". Inside the Church of Scientology. Boston Herald. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- MacLaughlin, Jim; Gully, Andrew (1998-03-19). "Church of Scientology probes Herald reporter - Investigation follows pattern of harassment". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- Breitbart, Andrew; Ebner, Mark (2004). Hollywood, interrupted : insanity chic in Babylon - the case against celebrity. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. p. 128. ISBN 9780471450511. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Smith, Ronald D. (2013). Strategic planning for public relations (4th ed.). New York: Routledge. p. 209. ISBN 9781136172489. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
|This Scientology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|