World Obesity Day
World Obesity Day is observed globally on 4 March as of March 2020 (having previously been observed on the 11th October) with the view of promoting practical solutions to end the global obesity crisis.
It is organized by the World Obesity Federation, a non-profit body which is in official relations with the World Health Organization and is a collaborating body on the Lancet Commission on Obesity. World Obesity states that its aim is to "lead and drive global efforts to reduce, prevent and treat obesity."
World Obesity Day 2017 was themed "treat obesity now and avoid the consequences later." It called for investment in treatment services to support people affected by obesity, early intervention to improve the success of treatment, and prevention to reduce the need for treatment. 
- "World Obesity Federation (WOF) | NGO Statements". apps.who.int. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "The Lancet Commission on Obesity" (PDF).
- "World Obesity Day". World Obesity Day. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "World Obesity Day". World Obesity Day. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "World Obesity Day". World Obesity Day. Retrieved 2017-07-28.