World Ocean Network
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The World Ocean Network (Réseau Océan Mondial) is an international non-profit association of organizations to promote the sustainable use of the oceans. One of its motto is "Caring for the Blue Planet, you can make a difference!"
- Co-sponsor with The Ocean Project of World Ocean Day on 8 June since 2003; World Oceans Day officially recognized by the United Nations in 2009.
- Partner with Association of Science-Technology Centers's IGLO initiative to raise awareness of the effects of global warming (International Action on Global Warming) 
- Sponsored three international meetings of aquariums, museums and science centers on the ocean in 1999, 2002, and 2006
- Created the "Passport" of "Citizen of the Ocean" for individual commitment to marine conservation through daily actions.
- Launched "Mr Goodfish" campaign, to teach restauranteurs and chefs how to cook fish sustainably.
- Act with us - Ocean Day
- 8 June - World Ocean Day
- 8 June - World Oceans Day United Nations. Retrieved 2009-06-29
- About IGLO. Association of Science-Technology Centers. Retrieved 2009-06-28
- About WON. Association of Science-Technology Centers. Retrieved 2009-06-28
- 1st International Meeting
- 2nd International Meeting
- 3rd International Meeting
- Act with us - Passport
- Mr Goodfish