World Tour Racing
|World Tour Racing|
Cover art in all regions
|Programmer(s)||Lee A. Briggs|
|Platform(s)||Atari Jaguar CD|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer (up to two players)|
World Tour Racing is a formula one racing video game developed by Teque London and published by Telegames exclusively for the Atari Jaguar CD in June 1997. It is one of the last licensed titles for the system.
Like most racing games, World Tour Racing features a one player mode, and a split screen two player mode, though it also includes FMV scenes. And as with some games of the time, the player can save his/her progress through a password system. Besides an F1 type car, the player can also race as a bus.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2018)
ST-Computer scored it 70%, praising the controls and two-player mode. They regard the game superior to other racing games of the system like Checkered Flag and Club Drive. They were also fairly positive on the graphics though considering them sub-par to those of PlayStation games.
The Atari Times gave a score of 69% with positives on graphics, and AI. The reviewer also liked the in-game music but noted that there are only three tunes. The reviewer, however, criticized the framerate.
- Smith, Jason. "Atari Jaguar Timeline". jaguarsector.com. Archived from the original on 29 July 2013. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Castle, Justin (July 21, 2018). "Historical Atari Jaguar UK Magazine Advert/Reviews Collection" (PDF). Issuu. p. 340. Retrieved 2018-09-19.
- Hoogland, Mark. "World Tour Racing - Overview". Archived from the original on 14 November 2014. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Iida, Keith. "AGH Jaguar Review: WORLD TOUR RACING". Archived from the original on 3 July 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Taz (September 7, 1997). "World Tour Racing - Getting The Green!". The Atari Times. Archived from the original on 25 May 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Bollinger, Helge (October 1997). "Jaguar: World Tour Racing". ST-Computer. No. 135. falkemedia. p. 55.